DiMille’s Italian Restaurant: CHICKEN MARSALA (Serves 2)
- Start with 2 large boneless chicken breasts, about 8 oz each. Wash and pat dry.
- Cut breasts into medallion size pieces (Approx 2x2)
- Dip each chicken medallion into egg batter. (Egg mixture: Two eggs whipped with a pinch of salt, garlic, black pepper and parsley)
- Bread chicken with a quick flour bath and then into Italian bread crumbs, making sure you press firmly on each side.
- Use a large frying pan and fill with approx 1 cup to 1 ½ cups of olive oil. Heat oil to about 300 degrees. Lay each breast into the oil carefully with tongs making sure you don’t splatter. Cook each breast on both sides to a golden brown. Remove chicken onto paper towels to cool.
- Use a large sauté pan and pour ¾ cup of olive oil and preheat. Carefully add chicken pieces to pan and sauté about 1-2 minutes allowing chicken to reheat. Add 4 oz of Marsala wine and carefully flame cook until alcohol has evaporated from Marsala wine.
- Add 2 cups of chucky cut fresh mushrooms and sauté along with chicken. Add ¼ stick of butter.
- Lower flame to a simmer allowing sauce to reduce and thicken into a nice consistency.
- Spoon the chicken pieces onto a plate and pour the entire contents of sauté pan over the top of chicken. Serve with a side of your favorite choice of pasta.